UH HUH HER in-studio performance on Spinner

Los Angeles-based band Uh Huh Her -- musician/actress Leisha Hailey and singer/producer/multi-instrumentalist Camila Grey -- stopped by our New York studio following a whirlwind weekend that saw the duo playing only their second show ever, just on the heels of the release of their debut EP, 'I See Red.' As a matter of fact, it was only Grey's second-ever performance in the city -- the first of which incurred an unfortunate run-in with a Manhattan staple: a pigeon."This is going to make me sound like a nerd but whatever," Grey told Spinner at their Interface taping. "I was in choir in high school, and I came to New York. I was in Time Square -- it was a bunch of choir people -- and we were walking around and a bird pooped on me. Then, a guy hit me [with his bike] right in the shin and he was like, "F--- you." I was like, 'Really?' I got a really great taste of New York when that happened, but it was so funny. It was like, "Are you kidding? You're going to yell at me for running into ... me?'" Uh Huh Her -- who play Friday night at L.A.'s Knitting Factory, followed by a series of West Coast and European dates -- are currently writing songs for a proper full-length album to be released in March of next year. Meanwhile, keep reading to download their full four-song performance and interview, where the duo discuss Hailey's return to music, Mozart and why bathrooms can never, ever be sexy.

Download or subscribe to the Interface podcast for Uh Huh Her's entire live performance and interview here.